MGM Resorts International announced that he would stop the work of all its hotels and a casino in Las Vegas, since Coronavirus continues to spread in Nevada. On the same day the company Wynn Resorts said that the hotels with casinos Wynn Las Vegas and Encore will be closed for at least two weeks.
As it became known, on weekends, employees of the MGM Resorts International for Las Vegas Strip passed a test for Coronovirus, which showed a positive result on COVID-19 in two employees.
The MGM statement says that on March 16, they will cease to work as a casino, and on Tuesday, March 17 – hotels. Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Mirage, Luxor, New York – New York, Excalibur and Park MG will close their doors. The MGM statement states that they will not make any additional statements before May 1.
The announcement was made shortly after the Centers for the Control and Prevention of Diseases (CDC) recommended not to carry out large meetings from more than 50 people for at least eight weeks to fight coronavirus.
According to the official data of Wynn Resorts on his website, the company’s operating revenue for three months before September last year amounted to $ 1.65 billion. Pure MGM Grand revenue 3 months before the end of 2019 amounted to $ 3.2 billion.